How to Prepare | What to Expect On Arrival | What to Expect After | For More Information
FibroScan® is a noninvasive diagnostic ultrasound-based device used to measure liver scarring, or fibrosis, caused by different liver diseases. Similar to a conventional ultrasound exam, outpatient FibroScan® testing is quick, painless and easy, and provides a nonsurgical alternative to the traditional liver biopsy to assess liver damage.
The Ambulatory Care Center at NorthShore Skokie Hospital is one of the first centers in the Chicagoland area and the first medical center outside of Chicago to provide this innovative procedure. Since its introduction in 2014, we have performed over 2000 FibroScan® tests.
Your physician may recommend a FibroScan® test if you have one of the following chronic liver conditions:
How to Prepare for the FibroScan® Test
- No food or liquids (including water) for 3 hours prior to the procedure.
What to Expect Once You Arrive for the FibroScan® Test
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled procedure time.
- A pain-free diagnostic test, FibroScan® requires no sedation of any kind.
- The procedure usually takes about 5 minutes. Your entire appointment will last about 30 minutes.
- For the procedure, you will lie on your back with your right arm raised behind your head and your right abdominal area exposed.
- A nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant will apply a water-based gel to your skin and then place a noninvasive probe over your liver.
- During the exam, you may feel a slight vibration on the skin at the tip of the probe as it delivers ultrasound waves to the area for measuring purposes.
What to Expect After the FibroScan® Test
- FibroScan® results are provided instantly after the test. The healthcare professional performing your exam will provide you with a copy of your results at the end of your visit.
For More Information
FibroScan® is available at the Skokie Hospital GI lab location. For more information or to schedule an appointment with one of our gastroenterologists, please call 888.364.6400.
NorthShore offers interpretive language services for non-English speaking patients. A request for this no-cost service should be made at the time of appointment scheduling.