Personal appearance and self-confidence are complex perceptions composed of a myriad of factors. Imbalances in appearance may lead a person to consider options for surgical or non-surgical improvement.
The goal of plastic surgery is to improve or restore self-confidence and self-esteem. The ultimate goal is to achieve a natural and more refreshed or harmonious appearance that will make the patient feel better each and every day.
When you have decided that you would like to speak to a plastic surgeon, you should expect a thoughtful and thorough discussion.
- You should arrive at the consultation prepared to discuss your specific concerns. It is important that the surgeon understands exactly what is bothering you.
- The plastic surgeon will then discuss these issues, give you a detailed examination and provide you with options. A thorough evaluation in preparation for plastic surgery may entail your surgeon discussing other areas of your face or body, not just your specific area of concern. This is often necessary to discuss balance and how your specific concerns fit into the overall picture.
- You will also get to know your surgeon during this consultation to make sure you feel comfortable – a process that is very important.
- You will be given the opportunity to view before and after photos and make sure that all of your questions are answered.
- A quote will then be prepared and given to you at the end of your consultation, so that you will have a good idea how much your procedure will cost if there is an out-of-pocket portion.
- Once you have decided on a surgery date, you will meet with your surgeon a second time prior to surgery to go over your plan again, make sure all of your questions are answered, go over post-operative care instructions and sign the consent forms.
NorthShore's plastic surgery team strives to develop strong personal and long-lasting relationships with our patients. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss your concerns.
Request a Consultation