The pediatric radiology section provides comprehensive diagnostic imaging services to infants, children and adolescents. We use the latest technology in CT, MRI, ultrasound and general radiography in the diagnosis of pediatric diseases and pathological conditions and have the expertise to provide studies needed by pediatric specialists such as endocrinologists, orthopedists and urologists.
There are three fellowship trained pediatric radiologists: Margaret Gore, MD, Christopher Kay, MD and Gary Turkel, DO. Drs. Gore and Kay have a Certificate off Added Qualification in Pediatric Radiology from the American Board of Radiology. We work closely with your pediatrician or pediatric specialist to provide the best possible care for your child.
All modalities of imaging are available to pediatric patients — from plain films to MRI.
- Ultrasonographic studies specifically intended for the pediatric population are available:
- Neonatal spine ultrasound
- Detection of hypertrophic pyloric stenosis
- Hip ultrasound to detect developmental dysplasia
- CT examinations are tailored examinations directed to provide necessary clinical information with the least possible radiation.
- Neuroradiology services are provided by the NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) neuroradiologists and Musculoskeletal MRI is evaluated by the specially trained NorthShore musculoskeletal radiologists.
- While almost all imaging services are available at all NorthShore sites, children are directed to Evanston Hospital for all fluoroscopy studies as well as ultrasound studies for children below the age of two years.
More procedures »
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call 888.364.6400.